04 Apr Tax Season Tips from our Friends at SignatureFD
As Tax Day quickly approaches, Atlanta RMHC supporters, Jim Tally and SignatureFD, share 5 Tips for the 2023 tax season.
5 Tips for the 2023 Tax Season
- There is still time, through April 18, to make certain retirement plan contributions for tax year 2022 to reduce taxable income. Ask your financial advisor about SEP IRA, Simple IRA, Traditional IRA, and Roth IRA contributions.
- Start organizing your 2023 records as the tax documents are made available. Compile a note to your tax preparer on various items that you think may be relevant to your tax reporting.
- Tax law changes constantly so schedule time with your tax preparer to review your circumstances as you may qualify for new deductions and credits. This process is also made much more efficient by completing tip Number 2!
- Start planning for 2023 with retirement plan contributions, HSA/FSA contributions, 529 plan contributions, tax-loss harvesting, utilizing deductible expenses, and strategic generosity.
- File and pay on time to avoid harsh penalties and interest.
SignatureFD has partnered with Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities through its SignatureGIVING program. The company adopted our kitchen at the Ronald McDonald House near Egleston and plans to volunteer with our Meals That Heal Program to provide meals for our families.
“We are proud to partner with Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities on its mission to improve the health and well-being of children and their families. The responsibility we have as an organization to support the communities we serve is an honor and a critical component of how we make a difference and live our Net Worthwhile,” says Heather Robertson Fortner, Chair and CEO of SignatureFD.