Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Through their generosity, our Guest Services, Meal Group and Activity volunteers make our Ronald McDonald Houses feel like a “home-away-from-home.”
At this time, because of the medically fragile nature of the families we serve and the ever-growing health concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, all on-site volunteer opportunities including tours, and outside visitors, have been suspended until further notice. See below on how to cater meals for our families during this time.
Our Houses Include:
- House on Peachtree-Dunwoody Road near Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite
- House on Gatewood Road near Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
Guest Services Volunteers maintain a set schedule of two-hour shifts weekly or biweekly. Guest Services volunteers must be at least 18-years-old and commit to at least six months of service, subject to our needs.
- Administrative Volunteer: Assist our volunteer management team with administrative tasks as needed.
- Front Desk Volunteer: Be the “host or hostess” of our House. Greet guests and volunteers, answer phones, help with family check ins and give tours.
- House Refresher Volunteer: Help keep our House clean and organized. Clean play areas, organize library, wipe down tables, re-stock items around the House, sanitize toys, etc.
- Kitchen Queen or King: Help keep our kitchen spotless and welcoming for families and meal groups. Clean out refrigerators, empty dishwashers, re-stock kitchen supplies, etc.
Provide a well-balanced meal to warm the hearts and bellies of families when they return from a long day at the hospital.
If you would like to provide a meal that is individually boxed and commercially prepared from a caterer, grocery store deli, or delivered from a restaurant establishment, please sign up to secure an open date on our meal calendar. We will follow up with more information after you register — including the number of meals needed, meal options, and drop off details.
- Nightly Dinners: Cater a nutritious dinner at our House for the families as they return from the hospital. Please deliver between 4 and 5 p.m.
- Breakfast & Brunch: The most important meal of the day is breakfast! Schedule a morning to cater breakfast at one of our Houses. Program available seven days a week.
Our goal is to provide families with a variety of age-appropriate opportunities for activities, entertainment, and education while staying at the House. If you are interested in hosting a virtual activity, please contact our Volunteer Services and Program Coordinators for more details.
- Family activity kits may include:
- Arts & crafts
- Manicure or spa items
- Game night supplies
- Movie Night kits (family friendly movies with popcorn, favorite movie candy or snacks!)
- Healthy-minds activities! (Crossword puzzles, Rubik Cubes, Sudoku, Brain Teasers)