Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Through their generosity, our Guest Services, Meal Group and Activity volunteers make our Ronald McDonald Houses feel like a “home-away-from-home.”
Our Houses Include:
- House on Peachtree-Dunwoody Road near Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite
- House on Gatewood Road near Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
Guest Services Volunteers maintain a set schedule of two-hour shifts weekly or biweekly. Guest Services volunteers must be at least 18-years-old and commit to at least six months of service, subject to our needs.
- Administrative Volunteer: Assist our volunteer management team with administrative tasks as needed.
- Front Desk Volunteer: Be the “host or hostess” of our House. Greet guests and volunteers, answer phones, help with family check ins and give tours.
- House Refresher Volunteer: Help keep our House clean and organized. Clean play areas, organize library, wipe down tables, re-stock items around the House, sanitize toys, etc.
- Kitchen Queen or King: Help keep our kitchen spotless and welcoming for families and meal groups. Clean out refrigerators, empty dishwashers, re-stock kitchen supplies, etc.
Provide a well-balanced meal to warm the hearts and bellies of families when they return from a long day at the hospital.
This program is for groups with a maximum of 12 volunteers at our House near Egleston and up to 10 volunteers at our House near Scottish Rite. All volunteers must be at least 9 years old and accompanied by an adult chaperone if under 18 years old.
- Nightly Dinners: Prepare and serve a nutritious dinner at our House for the families as they return from the hospital. Program available from 4—7:30 p.m. seven days a week.
- Breakfast & Brunch: The most important meal of the day is breakfast! Schedule a morning to prepare breakfast at one of our Houses. Program available seven days a week.
- Bakers Club: Bake sweet treats for our families to enjoy. Program available at 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Casserole Club: Prepare nourishing casseroles to be stored in our freezers and served as needed. Program available at 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our goal is to provide families with a variety of age-appropriate opportunities for activities, entertainment, and education while staying at the House.
- This program is available from 7 to 8 p.m. Monday – Thursday. Groups of up to five-eight volunteers, over 9 years old, are welcome. All volunteers 18 and under require a chaperone.
- Family activities may include:
- Arts & crafts
- Performance of music, dances, and/or plays
- Manicure night
- Flower arranging
- Game night
- Bingo night with prizes (we have a Bingo set)
- Healthy living activities
If you have any questions about volunteering at one of our houses, please contact:
Volunteer Services and Program Coordinator
Volunteer Services and Program Coordinator at our House near Egleston
Because of the unique nature of all our volunteer placements, our policy is to not accept any volunteer placements by any court-mandated referrals.