Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Through their generosity, our Guest Services, Meals That Heal Groups, and Activity volunteers make our Ronald McDonald Houses feel like a “home-away-from-home.”
At this time, we have limited on-site volunteer opportunities. Because of the medically fragile nature of the families we serve, we have adjusted our volunteer program at our Houses. We are excited to welcome meal groups back into our kitchens.
Review our MEALS THAT HEAL GUIDELINES & FAQ
Our Houses Include:
- House on Peachtree-Dunwoody Road near Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite
- House on Gatewood Road near Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
Guest Services Volunteers maintain a set schedule of two-hour shifts weekly or biweekly. Guest Services volunteers must be at least 18-years-old and commit to at least six months of service, subject to our needs.
- Administrative Volunteer: Assist our volunteer management team with administrative tasks as needed. Tasks may include writing Thank You notes, assembling packets for events, etc.
- House Greeter Volunteer: Be the first to welcome a family, greet our visitors, and thank a donor. House Greeters serve as a welcoming face and provide information to our families and visitors. Tasks may include accepting donations, answering the doorbell, answering the phone, and giving tours as needed.
- House Refresher Volunteer: This team of volunteers is important to providing a comfortable ‘home-away-from- home’ for our families. House Refreshers get to know families while they are working to ensure everything is tidy and fresh. Tasks may include organizing our common areas, putting away donations, and restocking and organizing supplies.
- Kitchen Volunteer: Helps keep our most loved spaces fresh and clean! Kitchen volunteers help keep our kitchens organized and inviting for families and meal groups. Tasks may include cleaning out refrigerators, empty dishwashers, re-stock kitchen supplies.
- Meal Group Greeter: Tasked with welcoming our meal groups who prepare homemade meals in our kitchens for our families. This important role helps support meal volunteers with sign-in, getting acquainted with the kitchen, giving tours, etc.
- Outdoor Volunteer: This team is vital in ensuring a presentable facility to welcome guests and donors. Outdoor Volunteers help keep the outdoors of our facilities looking clean and welcoming. Outdoor volunteers are weather-permitting volunteers and may double as another trained volunteer. Tasks may include cleaning grilling areas, leaf blowing outdoor areas, and cleaning plaques.
- Pop Tab Volunteer: Collecting pop tabs is a fun and easy way to support Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities. Pop Tab volunteers have the unique opportunity to sort through our pop tabs and get them ready to take to the recycle center – you get to use a neat magnet and custom-made Pop Tab sorter!
Meals That Heal Volunteers
Provide a well-balanced meal to warm the hearts and bellies of families when they return from a long day at the hospital.
This opportunity is perfect for companies, organizations and community groups.
For more information, view our MEALS THAT HEAL PROGRAM GUIDELINES & FAQ.
- Nightly Dinners: Dinner is an important meal of the day for families to come together as one. Prepare or cater a nutritious dinner at our Houses for the families as they return from the hospital.
- Breakfast & Brunch: The most important meal of the day is breakfast! Prepare or cater breakfast to kick start the morning at one of our Houses. Limited opportunities.
- Weekday Lunches: Sometimes we all need a little pick-me-up! Prepare or cater lunch to help break up a family’s long day at the hospital. Limited opportunities.
Our goal is to provide families with a variety of age-appropriate opportunities for activities, entertainment, and education while staying at the House. If you are interested in hosting a virtual activity, please contact our Volunteer Services and Program Coordinators for more details.
- Family activity kits may include:
- Arts & crafts
- Manicure or spa items
- Game night supplies
- Movie Night kits (family friendly movies with popcorn, favorite movie candy or snacks!)
- Healthy-minds activities! (Crossword puzzles, Rubik Cubes, Sudoku, Brain Teasers)
If you have any questions about volunteering at our House near Scottish Rite, please contact:
Volunteer Services and Program Coordinator
If you have any questions about volunteering at our House near Egleston, please contact:
Volunteer Services and Program Coordinator
View Our Volunteer Policies and Recent Newsletters
Because of the unique nature of all our volunteer placements, our policy is to not accept any volunteer placements by any court-mandated referrals.
- August 2022 Volunteer Newsletter
- July 2022 Volunteer Newsletter
- June 2022 Volunteer Newsletter
- May 2022 Volunteer Newsletter
- April 2022 Volunteer Newsletter
- March 2022 Volunteer Newsletter
- February 2022 Volunteer Newsletter
- January 2022 Volunteer Newsletter
- Meals That Heal Program Guidelines
- Confidentiality Policy