17 May Available May and June meal dates at our Ronald McDonald Houses and Family Room
While volunteering has looked quite different at our Houses and Family Room over the past year, its importance for our families has not changed. At the start of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities temporarily suspended all on-site volunteer activities for safety reasons, leaving many volunteer-reliant programs in question.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of our programs, and they did not leave their support at the door. Throughout the pandemic, our volunteers have shown up to continuously provide meals through our #MealBrigade, #WishList items, hygiene items, activity kits, laundry kits, and much more to families who need their support the most.
“Having our volunteers’ support, even from afar, has made supporting families possible.” Says Aleea Bishop, Volunteer Services and Program Coordinator at our Ronald McDonald House near Scottish Rite. “We truly could not have supported our families the way we have without our volunteers.”
Currently, there are open May dates at both Houses and the Ronald McDonald Family Room at Scottish Rite. They include:
- May 23 and 25, and June 2, 3, 7, 9, 10-14, 16, 21, 22, 26 and 28-30 at our House near Egleston.
- May 30 and June 5, 6, 11, 18, 19, and 26 at our House near Scottish Rite. A friendly reminder that June 20 is Father’s Day.
- May 23, 24, 27 and 30 and June 2, 6, 7, 13, 21, 24, 27 and 30 at our Family Room.
Our greatest #WishList need is restaurant gift cards that allow our families to grab meals on the go while our kitchens are closed.
If you are interested in providing meals or donating restaurant gift cards to help support our families, contact:
- Ansley Wetherington, Volunteer Services and Program Coordinator, at our House near Egleston, at email@example.com,
- Aleea Bishop, Volunteer Services and Program Coordinator at our House near Scottish Rite, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jamesse Webb, Family Room Coordinator, at Scottish Rite, at email@example.com.
Visit armhc.volunteerhub.com to secure a meal today!